a must for all early career teachers
The first few years of teaching can be the most fulfilling, exciting and rewarding. They can also be the most overwhelming. The ECTP is designed to support teachers in the first few years of teaching to thrive in their profession. It supports them in continuing their learning and teaches them to maximise the benefits of being mentored and reflect on their performance. There's no other program offering so much in Australia.
This program includes 2 face to face days (Term 1&3), ongoing support / advice and monthly publications for 2 years on topics such as effective classroom management, working with parents, supporting your well-being and many more.
Supporting your Early Career Teachers by investing in their future through the ECTP will have significant benefits for your ECTs and their students.
The ECTP includes:
- Working effectively with a mentor
- Learning from others
- Understanding the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Collecting and annotating portfolio evidence to transition from provisional to full registration
- Working with Parents
- Classroom Management
- The longevity of your career, building resilience...and much more
Accredited 12 hours of CPD with QCT
2018 Dates and Locations
Registrations now open
- Cairns: Thursday 15th March and Tuesday 31st July 2018 (8:45am - 3:00pm) Pullman Cairns International
- Townsville: Monday 26th February & Monday 23rd July 2018 (8:45am - 3:00pm) Quest Townsville on Eyre
- Mackay: Wednesday 2nd May & Wednesday 25th July 2018 (8:45am - 3:00pm) Clarion Hotel, Mackay Marina
- Rockhampton: Monday 5th March & Friday 27th July 2018 (8:45am - 3:00pm) The Quality Regent Hotel
what others are saying...
• This was a very beneficial program I feel that I can walk away and implement these strategies and practices
• The information was relevant and engaging and related to current practices
• Was the best PD I’ve done in ages.
• Very helpful and relevant information
• Parent information was most useful
• Fantastic course
• Really enjoyed lots of strategies and tips learnt, thanks heaps
• Jodie is very professional and personable. She is easy to listen to and has a wealth of knowledge
• Thank you Jodie for a great session today. I really enjoyed the content and activities you provided. I really resonated with your style and approach and feel a lot more equipped to tackle my registrations business.
• Thank you Jodie for a wonderful workshop. Your enthusiasm for was you do is fabulous and inspiring
• Learnt great tips and tricks that I will implement into my teaching
• Great to meet with other graduate level teachers
• The conversation was very engaging and helpful
• Easy to understand content and practical ways of classroom practice
• It was a wonderful day that gave me an opportunity to engage with other teachers in a similar situation.
• The PD day helped me critique my own pedagogical skills to assist in my teaching and learning
• The section about the professional standards and portfolio was very informative
• Wonderful mentor who is understanding of what it is like to be a new teacher and wants what is best for us
• I feel like I can come to you with questions and queries, thank you
• All sessions were relevant and very useful, the day flew by