COACHING / mentoring program
Whether you are in a coaching or mentoring role within your school, or would just like to improve your abilities in enhancing the performance of others, this workshop offers you so much. Current research shows us that supporting the professional growth of our teachers by facilitating pedagogical dialogue and providing effective feedback will have significant benefits for our students. Discover how to maximise the experience of both being coached, and being a coach.
- effective conversation strategies
- classroom observation techniques
- collecting evidence
- setting goals and tracking progress
- using data effectively
- understanding the learning cycle
- preparing beginning / pre-service teachers for registration requirements
are just a few of the topics covered during this experience. Not only will your coaching and mentoring skills be enhanced, but your overall leadership qualities will be taken to another level.
6 hours of CPD2018 Term 3 Dates and LocationsRegistrations Now Open
- Rockhampton: Thursday 26th July 2018 (8:45am - 3:00pm) Quality Regent Hotel
- Sunshine Coast: Wednesday 15th August 2018 (8:45am - 3:00pm) Lake Kawana Hotel
- Brisbane: Tuesday 28th August 2018 (8:45am-3:00pm) Brisbane International Windsor
- Darwin: Tuesday 11th September 2018 (8:45am - 3:00pm) Oaks Elan Darwin
what others are saying....
- great opportunities to network and share knowledge, ideas and experiences
- liked the ORID questioning
- friendly and informative session with great take-aways
- great - knowledgeable and experienced presenter, great take home pack
- interesting, engaging and very well presented
- some great strategies shared, thank you Jodie
- great information and strategies presented
- taking home many great ideas - you have generated great interest in coaching for me now
- took a lot out of the reflective learning journey
- fabulous 6 step process guide, thank you so much
- best PD I've been to in a really long time
- very focused, easy to understand, good flow sheets. Excellent mentor / coach definitions
- enabled me to set goals for further practice upon leaving today
- great topics, great presenter. Jodie was knowledgeable, open and real in her experiences and background as a mentor / coach. She offered guidelines and steps to follow so we can re-design our school's mentoring process.
- excellent program to really assist with our mentoring/coaching program. Learned a great deal to apply to our school's program
- thank you so much for such an informative session. I will take a great deal of information away from today
- informative, organised, concise, purposeful for immediate implementation, variety of resources, great engaging resources
- great session with a wealth of practical applications. Extremely helpful to clarify the difference between mentoring and coaching
- some excellent strategies presented, awesome steps to guide us in our roles as coaches / mentors. very well presented, great take-away booklet and loved the group discussions.
- thank you Jodie for this very insightful, informative professional development. From this I have better learnt how to move from a teacher to a mentor to a coach and the characteristics of each.